When I moved in it was bare and pretty stark.
After two springs of planting a few shrubs and some perennials, improvement was apparent, but recently I bought a couple of new chairs, potted up some flowers, and had lattice put up on the end of the porch where I will plant several colors of clematis to add even more color. This is how it looks today.
Also recently tried my hand at some more complex machine quilting than I'd done before. Think it came out pretty well, but I confess I got really tired of doing it after a (not very long) while. Was "stuck" finishing what I'd started, since I couldn't very well change what I was doing part way through. All that's left on this one is sewing the binding on by hand. (Photos should be "clickable" to see the quilting more closely. Please be kind.)
Pin-basted the Jelly Roll/Fish quilt (now known as the Jellyfish quilt), and will also do that one myself, but with a far simpler pattern. No matter what, I will only get better by practicing. That star border was such a find! And I had the exceptionally suitable backing in my stash.
I have almost finished the top of the Mystery Quilt that Pat and I were doing. You can see hers here. (Bonus photos of adorable baby on the beach!) No photos of mine yet, but you may remember I chose fabrics that were somewhat out of my comfort zone.
And, just because I like the way it looks so much, my completed Rubik's Rings on my bed: