Thursday, June 24, 2010

Step 0 -- Finish list

Have my 101 in 1001 list ready to go, but will wait to post it until June 30.   D#2 left for a month in Europe -- her flight takes off in about an hour.  Starting tomorrow morning, I will be out of town for 4 days for work.  Looking forward to having dinner on Sunday with others from  MLC Forum that saved my sanity when the world as I knew it blew up in my face in mid-September 2007. 

On my return, an empty house awaits me, where I will "try out" empty-nesting for several weeks until it comes around for real in late August.   On the bright side, I already have plans for all but one weekend day when D#2 is gone.  If I can just focus, there are lots of things around the house that need attention where progress can be made in an evening or two. In many ways, I'm looking forward to the solitude and to the lack of demands on me. 

During that time, I will also need to meet with their father to get finances straight and talk about where we go legally, when, and how.   I am ready to have everything done and separated so the only thing we have to do together is pay for their college.   Oops... started to give away a couple of things on my list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Progress report: Month 6 (October 2019)

1. ... basement -- Continued work on/in it 2. ... sort/discard -- Discarded/gave away 22 5. ... Clean & reorganize garage &...