February is my least-favorite month of the year, as it marks the birthdates and deathdates of several loved ones, not to mention over-hyped "Valentine's Day". Thankfully, it is also the shortest month of the year! On top of that, February 2010 was the worst month for snow last winter. I was afraid of a 2011 repeat, following a January in which we were clobbered every few days. Fortunately, my fears were for naught.
(Washington DC NEDA walk on 2/20; raised over $450)
48. Watched 8 movies (69/125):
The Truth about cats and dogs
Strictly ballroom (LOVED it!)
A Single man (Colin Firth = Excellent)
The Bucket list (Morgan Freeman ++)
La Vie en rose (in French; English subtitles)
The Woodsman (disturbing subject but great performance by Kevin Bacon)
49. Read 3 books (20/60, 16/30, 3/10):
Seven sisters (Earlene Fowler)
Arkansas traveler (Earlene Fowler)
This is not chick lit (Elizabeth Merrick, ed.)
89. Gave blood (1/3)
29. Steps toward divorce. (still waiting...)
36. Get back to taking vitamins daily.
54. Go to NYC [or Philadelphia] for play or musical once a year.
(Lantern Theatre Company in Philly for "A Skull in Connemara")
84. Extra contribution to F.E.A.S.T.
99. Updated blog with progress report (8/8)
101. Wrote two additional blog posts: Egypt (2/6) and NEDA walk (2/14)
Priorities in March:
6. Get back to working in basement.
12. Work on more small things around house.
17. Begin to plan plantings in front and back yards.
69. Quilt for CB: add borders and get ready for quilting
(Two other quilts that weren't on my list have been added and their completion has taken priority over #74. One is for a relative who has had surgery for uterine cancer. The other is destined for a friend with a special birthday in April. Serious illness has also struck that family.)
93. Start volunteer project.
In March, I am looking forward to having my daughters home for spring break followed by a White Oak quilt retreat!