Saturday morning, I returned to the dozen extra William Morris tesselated stars which I'd put on the design wall (yes, I have one now!!!). Found another Bill that worked with the colors in the blocks and finished the top with a simple border.
Even made the binding out of some dark brown. (The photo below is a bit over-exposed. The colors are darker and richer "in person.")
Then I did some SERIOUS cutting! First the pieces for Part II of the mystery quilt. These were "set aside for the next step." (Colors are truer in the top photo, though a little less yellow than here.)
There are 64 of those tan rectangles, 36 of the small green, and a dozen (total) of the other 2 green rectangles. I also cut and sewed the pieces per this issue's instructions. Part II is now done.
Next, I dug out the strips of white and yellow I'd sewn together in a time of earlier distraction, then pressed them open and cut them into 2-patches which I plan to use as leader-enders for a start to the "Land of Happy Endings" yellow, white, and purple quilt. Sassy offered her assistance.
Finally, I arranged all 35 Asian anvils on the wall. Sassy helped again.
Got the entire top sewn together, pulled a black-on-black for a thin inside border and and binding, and found several possible Asians for a medium width outside border. Those will be added at Quilt Day on Saturday.
A satisfying -- and productive -- weekend! Wish I had another one right away.
*What I've Been Working On
**Attention Deficit Quilting Disorder