Thursday, April 12, 2012

W.I.B.W.O.*

Since last month, I finished a couple of projects.


This "Bricks and Stepping Stones" (pattern by Bonnie Hunter) was a healing quilt, given to a group that provides support for children who have lost a parent.   Made with scraps of novelties and 4-patches as leader/enders, I quilted it on my new Pfaff Quilt Expressions 4.0 (known affectionately as "QE4").  I'm not much of a machine-quilter, so I did straight lines around the larger blocks.  I wanted something to anchor the red and white 4-patches so I sewed a button in the middle of each one. 


Asian Anvils (a set of swap blocks that had been appropriately aged) is now a high school graduation gift for a close friend of D#2.


Notice the beautiful swirls of quilting (by my local long-armer) to set off the sharp angles of the anvils.


The leftover William Morris tesselated stars went together nicely for D#2's college friend who is the youngest person I know in the Bill M. Admiration Society.   QE4 and I quilted this one too. 


Played with some scrap blocks I've collected for the past couple of years.  This set is 30's repros and I think it will make a nice little baby quilt.


Fell in love with the fresh colors and great patterns in these charm squares.  Pattern is from a "Schnibbles" book I borrowed from Pat.   Still need to finalize the arrangement. 


When Nancy started playing with granny square blocks, I got hooked too.  Have a bright colored stripe for sashing for this set.  Not sure about border yet. 

White Oak retreat begins a week from tomorrow so I expect I can make progress on several of these.  I have a trip to Chicago before then, so perhaps the Windy City will give me something interesting to write about in the meantime.          

*What I've Been Working On

1 comment:

Progress report: Month 6 (October 2019)

1. ... basement -- Continued work on/in it 2. ... sort/discard -- Discarded/gave away 22 5. ... Clean & reorganize garage &...