Sunday, April 22, 2012

Water, water, everywhere

... well, in the basement anyway.


Got home from a wonderful, relaxing weekend sewing to find that the water heater had been leaking since sometime after I left the house Friday morning.   Shut off the water line that feeds the heater, called the plumber, who assured me that the last 40 gallons of water wouldn't continue to flood the floor and then promised to be here first thing tomorrow.  I am grateful that almost nothing (other than plastic) sits directly on the basement floor. 

Guess I won't be showering, doing laundry, or running the dishwasher.  Will try not to feel guilty watching a movie or reading after I settle back into my sewing room.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! At least you had little on the floor. And actually you were lucky it happened now and not the day you leave for a week or something.

    ReplyDelete

Progress report: Month 6 (October 2019)

1. ... basement -- Continued work on/in it 2. ... sort/discard -- Discarded/gave away 22 5. ... Clean & reorganize garage &...