I wanted to find a picture of a single stream of water droplets, suggesting the constant drip, drip, drip of a leaking faucet -- or the seemingly unending stream of monthly updates from me. No luck. However, given the amount of rain brought to this neck of the woods by Irene, the drop in a puddle image seemed like a fair substitute.
(downtheshore -- not a "new" place, but we all love it & enjoyed our stay!)
6. Resumed work in basement.
7, 26, 28. Kept up-to-date.
48. Watched 14 movies (121/125):
Margot at the wedding
The Accidental husband
The Blind side
Akeelah and the Bee
Harry Potter and the deathly hallows, pt. 2 (theatre)
The Kids are all right
The Book of Daniel (TV)
Crimes of the heart
The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the desert
49. Read 5 books (40/60, 26/30, 11/10):
Stories I only tell my friends (Rob Lowe)
New Orleans, mon amour (Nicolai Codrescu)
Emily, alone (Steward Nan)
Neverwhere (Neil Gaiman)
American Rose (Karen Abbott)
50. Took both daughters to meal and movie at theatre (Harry Potter...)
74. Bound quilt for sponsored child (to do: label, photograph, mail)
84. Made extra contribution to George Harrison Fund for Unicef
99. Updated blog post with progress (14 out of 14)
101. Blog posts:
Seeing through a glass, darkly
(These are starting to look TOO familiar)
6. Continue work in basement.
9. More book sorting.
12. Small things around house.
17. Plant last 4 shrubs (Labor Day weekend should be suitable weather).
18. Wash deck. Staining will probably have to wait until spring.
33. Get back to exercising at gym. (curtailed post-surgery)
36. Resume taking vitamins.
77. Finish "Almost Amish" swap block quilt for wedding/housewarming gift.
(bind, label, photograph)